This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Solution For Rsync and Cygwin Daylight Savings Timezone Problem
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:32:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: Solution For Rsync and Cygwin Daylight Savings Timezone Problem
- References: <00bb01c2f8f3$d08d55a0$6500a8c0@Pokemon>
* Wayne Piekarski (03-04-02 10:42 +0100)
> I have been having a number of problems dealing with time zones and
> synchronising files using Rsync to my linux machine on Cygwin with Windows
> XP. I have read discussions previously on these mailing lists on how there
> are problems that occur when there is a change in daylight savings time.
> [snip much stuff about Windows, DST, etc.]
Your explanation (which I didn't quote) shows that you are aware of
the fact that this is no Cygwin or rsync "bug" but a braindead
implementation of the Windows file systems. It's the same if you are
using - for instance - "xcopy /d" ("copy only newer files").
Why don't you use rsync with "--checksum" or "--size-only"?
Content-Type: text/explicit; charset=ISO-8859-666 (Parental Advisory)
Content-Transfer-Warning: message contains innuendos not suited for
children under the age of 18
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html