Re: Aliases no longer defined?

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 01:11:48PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 pd at world dot std dot com wrote:

> > > Ah.  I didn't see that...  Devious. :-)

> > > Peter,
> > >
> > > Also, what is the output of "echo ~" and "cd ~ && /bin/pwd"?
> >
> > $ echo ~
> > /cygdrive/c/home
> >
> > $ cd ~ && /bin/pwd
> > /cygdrive/c/home
> >
> > Does that help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -pd
>
> Yes, it does.  Your home directory is not correct.  Now you have to find
> out why.

What should it be?  I explicitly set HOME to be C:\home in Windows,
for the benefit of emacs, etc.  I've done this for years, so it seems
to be unrelated to the current problem.  In fact, I just checked, and
the results of these commands are the same on my old Win2000 machine,
where .bashrc worked.

>  I think Rolf may have something there...
> 	Igor
> P.S. Did you ever attach the output of "cygcheck -svr"?

Not yet, but I will now.  Thanks very much for your help in
trouble-shooting this.

-pd

--
--------