Re: Omniorb 4.0...

I have done it. It is feasible. Some work with the Makefiles though. In general, you have to add cygwin to omniORB's list of supported platforms, so that the configure script can auto-configure it correctly for you. Duncan Grisby (omniORB's CGF) has my patches and they might eventually make it into some next release. As for the current omniORB 4.0.0 you need to do something yourself. You can contact me directly if you want my omniORB patch.
;Henning