Re: vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

Randall R Schulz wrote:
Chuck,

I was meaning to write this up earlier, but work keeps getting in the
way.

When I used your new termcap entry, "less" (when it's displaying
output piped to it via its standard input but not when it is given a
file name argument) tells me "WARNING: terminal is not fully
functional".

Well, I hate to be brusque, but I don't maintain termcap, just terminfo. I provided a termcap translation as an offhand thing; I didn't really think about it. Perhaps I should have thought about it, and then not done it <g>.

Anyway, perhaps some codes were dropped in the terminfo -> termcap autoconversion. Or perhaps my new-n-improved terminfo entry is wrong: but the only way to find out is to recompile less to use terminfo/ncurses, and run your testcase.

I don't plan on doing that; sorry.

If the *terminfo* entry breaks *existing* apps that use *ncurses*, then I want to know, and I'll fix it (patches gratefully accepted, etc etc). Otherwise, I don't care. Termcap is not my baby.

--Chuck

Here's an excerpt, with context, from my "/etc/termcap":

[snip]
The "lcygwin" is just to prevent a conflict without having to remove the old entry.

Now if I switch back (rename "cygwin" in the above to "wcygwin" and "lcygwin" to "cygwin"), less works as usual for both standard input and file name arguments.