Re: frequent crashes with perl under win98

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
Unfortunately not.  We tried a perl version without increased stack,
because N. Wourms believed it may be the cause, but using perl without
the increased stack didn't change this behaviour.  It also seems to be
no rebase issue.

You could try to build Perl from source on this Win98 box and see if
it works better then.  Just use the source provided at the Cygwin
mirrors, there is a buildscript 'build.sh' included for easy building.

I just tried compiling using the build.sh script: after a while there
is a popup informing me that perl crashes in cwd.dll
("PERL verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige Seite" ~ PERL
caused an error due to an invalid page)
Clicking close, immediately opens the next window with the same error
message.
After a few, I interrupted the build.sh with Ctrl-C, causing it to
completely lock up.

I wonder where does cwd.dll come from? Does it get rebuilt during the
perl build process?

If you try it, please send the generated logs to my hands (not to the
list, please).