Re: For The Record: HTML Email on the Internet; RFC 2557

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:16:35 -0700, Randall R Schulz <rrschulz at cris dot com> wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,

The IETF publishes this standard for electronic mail on the Internet using HTML and even supports resource references in the HTML whose targets (images, sounds, etc.) can be incorporated into the same MIME message as the HTML body.

In my opinion, it's simply foolish to anchor electronic mail in the pre- markup, pre-media days of text-only electronic communication.

Randall Schulz

<snip>

really, though, just because there's a standard defined to it, why waste bandwidth, time, money, and resources on something not everyone wants to see or use?

it seems to me, IMHO, that you're trying to convert everyone who prefers plain-text.

you. are. wasting. your. time. and mine.

we all know your opintion, and i've made mine known. so end the argument here. now.

--
Charles "grey wolf" Banas
http://the-junkyard.net  tech advisor