This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Weird wget behaviour
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Ronald Landheer-Cieslak <ronald at landheer dot com>
- Cc: Rolf Campbell <rcampbell at tropicnetworks dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:56:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Weird wget behaviour
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Rolf Campbell wrote:
> > Marko Daris wrote:
> > > I'm using cygwin's wget (1.8.2) to mirror some web sites... I found an
> > > url which stops (cygwins) wget:
> > > wget http://www.uga.edu/ethnobot/Con.html
> > Oh, oh, I think I know what it is! I bet it's because basename of the
> > local filename is called "CON". That's a reserved word in Windows. It
> > means console.
> That would explain gettong the contents on screen, but not the hanging,
> would it?
It might, actually. I suspect stat() & co are a bit broken with respect
to special names (e.g., con, prn, and others).
|\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor at watson dot ibm dot com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html