Re: For The Record: HTML Email on the Internet; RFC 2557

"Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)" <garbage_collector at telia dot com> wrote:

> Consider WAP over an e.g. GPRS link; It uses a COMPRESSED form of HTML (WAP
> is a HTML variation as I see it), can you imagine that! ;-)

ITYWF that WAP is a (compressed?) form of http, WML is the HTML equivalent,
IIRC, though it isn't as simple as that.

>  The reason is obvious; GPRS'es _low bandwidth_. This bandwidth is by far
> HIGHER than previous implementations have had[1], but they still stick to
> the compressed format. Why would the wanna do that, you think?

> [1] GSM 9600 bps, GPRS ~384kpbs, ("3G" WCDMA, TDMA2k... up to 738kbps IIRC)

You forgot Edge. And what bandwidth you get depends on exactly where and how
it is measured (*cough* marketing gimic *cough*).