Re: IMAP server, anyone?

Abraham Backus wrote:

I've been having the same problems with the latest versions of the IMAP server, which is one of the reasons why I haven't yet initiated the steps to have the server added to cygwin setup.

Good. At aleast I wasn't seeing things!

I have been having success with the 2000c version of the server with some patches. This version runs ok for me with a typical inetd.conf configuration and it handles multiple users without trouble. It will put your INBOX file in /var/mail/<username> and any other mailbox files in your home directory.

One thing that always bothered me about IMAP servers is that they present your whole home directory when subscribing to mailboxes. I would prefer it if there was a setting to say "Just show me what's under say ~/Mail". Perhaps there is...

I imagine the latest versions work fine on linux, so if you're going to be putting this server on your linux box, a new version of imap (2002c) was just announced.

Still trying to get sendmail configured properly on my Linux box. I did set up the IMAP daemon and it seems to be functioning as expected already.