[Q] Help with broken SSH after reinstalling cygwin

Hi Cygwin-istas,

I think I made a mistake this morning. I was making more space on my
drive and removed cygwin (deleted c:\cygwin). After realizing my
error, I got the latest version and installed again, effectively
upgrading from installer 2.249.2.5 to 2.340.2.5

When the install was complete, my environment was all still there
(fortunately, I had NOT removed $HOME along with the cygwin dir).

But now when I run try to run cvs (using SSH) I get this:
$ cvs status
cvs status: warning: unrecognized response `The system cannot find the path spec' from cvs server
cvs [status aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

And ssh-add doesn't prompt me for my passphrase like it used to. It
just reports nothing and gives me my prompt back.

I can't even tell if the problem is with SSH or CVS.

I'm new to cvs, ssh and cygwin (go big or go home, right :-) so I'm not sure
where to even start looking. It took me 3 days to get
this set up the first time and I shudder to think what it might take
me if I have to try and solve this cold.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jefficus
mailto:jeffs at centralscheduling dot net