Re: [avail for test] cvs-1.11.5-1

Charles Wilson wrote:
> USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
>
> But I would appreciate testing and feedback.  This is an update to
> version 1.11.5 from 1.11.0; there have been lots of changes under the
> hood.  cvs-1.11.5 adds the rlog command, as well as a number of
> bugfixes.  AFAIK, the server mode is still broken.

> remote: crerepos
>          ERROR: cannot test remote CVS, because `rsh KHELDAR' fails.
>          when testing in remote mode, crerepos uses :ext: instead of
>          :fork:.  However, even though I had rshd running -- it was
>          running as SYSTEM -- which means password entry is required.
>          This test expects passwordless rsh.

This works if you set up passwordless ssh back to your own machine and set
the envvars to point cvs at ssh rather than rsh.

Also, a couple of packaging points:

- I don't think re-autotooling was necessary.

- Your port notes in the README don't mention the change from gdbm to
flat-file.

So, this is basically stock 1.11.5, which I have been using for my
day-to-day cvs-ing for months.

Max.