This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin setup not creating /cygwin/home directory on WXPsp1
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin-apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>,"cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"John Potter" <john dot potter at inovys dot com>
- Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:58:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cygwin setup not creating /cygwin/home directory on WXPsp1
- References: <BD60D297186C56478924BBA43611DB1D5AC556@outgoing.inovys.com>
Cygwin setup not creating /cygwin/home directory on WXPsp1> I have seen a
problem with installing cygwin on a machine running
> Windows XP with service pack 1 installed. The first problem that
> I am seeing is that the setup routine is not creating the
> C:/cygwin/home/joe_user directory. Instead, the users home
> directory is created in the "Documents and Settings" folder. This
> does not occur on a Windows 2000 machine. The second problem
> is trying to run tcsh on this same machine. While in a bash shell, I
> try to run tcsh and get the following:
> If: expression syntax
> Any help to resolve these two issues would be much appreciated.
John, the correct list for this is cygwin at cygwin dot com , as per
<http://cygwin.com/lists.html>. I've redirected this there.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html