Re: Cygwin survey: Next vim version with perl support?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
[SNIP]
=== cut here ===

[ ] Yes, please add perl support to the next Cygwin vim release.

[X] No, go away with that.

[ ] What's vim?

=== cut here ===

Corinna,

I'd love to see a perl-enabled vim, however the requirement for perl-5.8.0 will not work for me. As you are aware, perl-5.8.0 is *not* working at all on WinME. Thus, I cannot have my beloved vim require me to install a broken perl on my machine. I'm trying to debug why perl-5.8.0 is broken, but still haven't discovered any conclusive evidence.

I don't know if Pierre uses vim, but if he does it is likely to bite him as well if this happens.

Is there no way to make this modular? Or perhaps offer two types of vim installs (like emacs-nox & emacs)?

Cheers,
Nicholas