Re: g++ newer version

 --- "Gerrit P. Haase" <> wrote: > Hallo Danny,

> >> Where do I get these patches?
> >>
> > This may help.
> > The mingw source and patchset for gcc 3.2.3 at mingw download page
> >
> > (look in release candidate section) also boostraps with target=cygwin (or
> it
> > did a week or so ago).
> Thanks.
> > It contains all the patches in the cygwin-mingw-v2 CVS branch updated
> > to 3.2.3, plus a few tweaks to the -mno-cygwin business as per the gcc
> > trunk CVS,
> > I plan to upload a final version of 3.2.3 for mingw next week
> > (after mingw user feedback)
> I get this error now when c++filt.exe is linked:
> rm -f cxxmain.c
> ln -s /winsup/src/gcc/../libiberty/cplus-dem.c cxxmain.c
> gcc -c -DMAIN -DIN_GCC    -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
> -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>   -I. -I. -I/winsup/src/gcc -I/winsup/src/gcc/. -I/winsup/src/gcc/config
> -I/winsup/src/gcc/../include \
>   -DVERSION=\"3.2.3\" cxxmain.c
> gcc -o c++filt.exe -DIN_GCC    -O2 -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic
> -Wno-long-long  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  \
>   cxxmain.o underscore.o -lintl  -liconv  ../libiberty/libiberty.a
> undefined reference to `_WinMain@16'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

You are using the wrong libiberty source.  Newer versions of
libiberty/cplus-dem.c do not have the standalone demangler machinery.  You need
to use the libiberty that is shipped with the gcc-3.2.3 distro, _not_ the
winsup/src/libiberty.  Moving the gcc src tree out of winsup sould do the