This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup very slow after choosing packages
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm dot ca>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 15:58:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Setup very slow after choosing packages
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, 4 May 2003, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
> When I run Setup, after choosing packages, Setup can be extremely
> slow while it does the necessary calculations. The FAQ says (under
> "How do I just get everything?" that this can take "a second or two",
> but it's taken up to five minutes on my system with a Duron 900. At
> first I thought that the program had simply frozen.
> I'm using Setup.exe version 2.340.2.5.
> Yves Bellefeuille
See <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01150.html> and
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-04/msg01172.html>. IOW, try a snapshot
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
-- Leto II
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html