This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Intel compilers for Linux on cygwin
- From: Tim Prince <timothyprince at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: "Kin Fai Chan" <kin at writeme dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 18:29:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: Intel compilers for Linux on cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tprince at computer dot org
On Sunday 04 May 2003 15:54, Kin Fai Chan wrote:
> I would like to ask whether it is possible to install Intel's compilers for
> Linux on cygwin.
No, the Intel compilers for Windows are often run under cygwin, but they
aren't link-compatible with cygwin. The cheapest version of MSVC is
sufficient to provide library support for them, without the IDE. As the
FAQ's will tell you, cygwin is not a linux emulator.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html