Include cygipc in the distribution (was Re: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!)

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:47:26PM -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>Thanks to help from Frank Seesink, I was able to finally figure out why
>cygipc and in turn PostgreSQL failed to work properly under XP in
>certain situations.  See the attached for some of the details.
>In summary, invoking the XP Fast User Switching feature causes XP to
>start using multiple kernel object namespaces instead of a single global
>one.  This in turn causes cygipc clients to fail to find a global
>semaphore (i.e., \BaseNamedObjects\MultiSemSem_) created by ipc-daemon
>and abort.
>Are you willing to accept a cygipc patch to correct this problem?

Since we no longer seem to have a cygwin-daemon maintainer, I'm wondering
if it is time to start including cygipc in the main distribution.  It
seems like the lack of this functionality is a real handicap to people.

FWIW, I'm willing to take over maintainership if that is a barrier.