This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:12:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygipc (and PostgreSQL) XP problem resolved!
- References: <20030506174725.GE1652@tishler.net>
Jason Tishler wrote:
Thanks to help from Frank Seesink, I was able to finally figure out why
cygipc and in turn PostgreSQL failed to work properly under XP in
certain situations. See the attached for some of the details.
In summary, invoking the XP Fast User Switching feature causes XP to
start using multiple kernel object namespaces instead of a single global
one. This in turn causes cygipc clients to fail to find a global
semaphore (i.e., \BaseNamedObjects\MultiSemSem_) created by ipc-daemon
Are you willing to accept a cygipc patch to correct this problem?
See discussion following cgf's Subject: change to "Include cygipc in the
distribution" for more info.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html