From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
Of Karr, David
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 13:53
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: How to "find" all writable files in a directory tree?

I need to find all the files in a directory tree that are writable.  So,
the "find" man page has the following text:

-------------------------
       -perm mode
              File's permission bits are exactly  mode  (octal  or
symbolic).
              Symbolic modes use mode 0 as a point of departure.

       -perm -mode
              All of the permission bits mode are set for the file.

       -perm +mode
              Any of the permission bits mode are set for the file.

I'm not quite sure what this tells me.  I guessed that "-perm +w" would
do what I want.  Unfortunately, when I use this it says:

   find: invalid mode `+w'

I'm on Cygwin 1.3.22.

Am I misunderstanding what this man page says?