Re: pthread_signal() references illegal memory address

Kern Sibbald wrote:

By the way, if it wasn't clear, the problem *is* with the pthread_kill()
statement. When it is in the program, the program dies. When I remove
it, the program works (I mean the real program running as a service).
That was the last thing that I added, so it isn't a question of the culprit being elsewhere.

pthread_kill is broken and has never worked as expected. To fix it the signal code in cygwin must be changed to support multithreaded apps, so do not expect that this will work in the near future.

Thomas