This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SPARSE files considered harmful - please revert
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 20:37:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: SPARSE files considered harmful - please revert
- References: <Law10-F95uUaJ0gmkLG00033be2@hotmail.com>
John Vincent wrote:
> You say that any areas that are seeked over should be sparse as well. That
> is true on many Unix/Linux file systems. I've not seen anything to suggest
> it's true on NTFS though, have you?
But, the point is, given the numbers suggesting that sparse small files take
up way too many clusters, can sparse files in Cygwin be turned off by
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html