CVS/SSH File Corruption

I am using the following CygWin config, under Windows XP:

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 mattspc 1.3.22(0.78/3/2) 2003-03-18 09:20 i686 unknown
unknown Cygwin

$ cvs -version
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server) ...

$ ssh -V
OpenSSH_3.6.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090702f

$ env | grep CVS
CVSEDITOR=vi
CVSIGNORE=*.dll *.jar *.class *.war .nbattrs tmp CVS CVSROOT
.classpath_pre .classpath_post
CVSROOT=:ext:office:/secure/development/...
CVS_RSH=ssh

$ env | grep CYG
CYGWIN=nontsec nosmbntsec

I recently switched over from using a simple file based cvs repository
(located on a Linux box, shared thru Samba) to use the :ext: method with
ssh. I did this so that I could use the 'team' features of Eclipse and
use CVS through the Eclipse GUI. I also recently upgraded cygwin using
the standard setup.exe update procedure.

One of these things is causing me serious grief in terms of file
corruption for files checked in and out of the cvs repository. I
initially thought that the problem was Eclipse, after seeing a few
comments in lists to that effect, but I have now stopped using it's
'team' features, exclusively using cvs from the command line, however I
am still getting random corruption of files. I really wish I could
isolate the problem and describe a scenario in which it occurs, but I
have not been able to repeatably get the problem to occur. About the
only thing I can pin down is that I seem to notice the corruption first
thing in the morning, after logging back in.

For example, I will work all day without problems, checking in,
updating, etc, etc, across multiple CVS repositories. I then pack up to
go home, close my machine and reboot. When I get back the next day, log
in, and start to work, I will notice that some of the files that I have
had checked out, and modified, but not checked back in, will have been
completely garbled. If I remove the file, and cvs update, I get a fresh
uncorrupted copy from the repository (as of the last check in). The
problem does not happen for non-repository files.

It is really driving me crazy, because it has caused me to lose work on
several occasions, and I cannot seem to be able to work out precisely
what it causing it so that I can quarantine the tool or process.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
M@