Re: Rsync / SSH / Cygwin .. permission problems..

> >Cygwin is installed on both systems and works perfectly.  OpenSSH is
> >installed and running, and the rsync user we created is able to ssh using
> >password-less keys between the 2 systems.  When I run rsync, it correctly
> >pulls the data down that I want.  The problem is that there are NO
> >permissions on the files that are pulled down, so they are basically
> >inaccessable.

I had to set cygwin=nontsec for my rsync service for the cron jobs to work
correctly between 2 win2k servers (both ntfs, I set it up a while back now
though.) Otherwise the files were owned by SYSTEM if i remember rightly, and
needed to be chowned/chmodded before they were any use.
With nontsec they just inherited the directories permissions.
Havent tried over ssh though. I was using rsync in server mode as a service.