Re: Slight patch for Cron

Hi Corinna,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 10:31:05AM +0200, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > I've "developed" an insignificant patch to cron (attached) that makes
> > cron detach from the console before forking out (under Cygwin only).
> > The patch is against the current release's source and WFM.
> Did you try a recent developers snapshot?  This should be accomplished
> by the setsid call in the child (right after fork).
Assuming you mean a Cygwin snapshot, I hadn't though it was a Cygwin
problem so I haven't tried a snapshot, no, but come to think of it, the
daemonizing cron does should detach it from the console ...

(running chin ... lol ... slap forehead)

I'll reinstall the unpatched cron, download the snapshot and give it a go.
I'll let you know.

Thanx!

rlc