Re: setup problem: only ash comes as /bin/sh

> I reinstalled my w9x box and cygwin also.
> As the subject mentions, this is already annoying: every time I reinstall
> cygwin, I must remember to set a /bin/sh, and re-run all /etc/postinstall
> scripts, since the only shell I install is bash, and the only /bin/sh
installed by
> setup is ash.
> Could this be fixed somehow?

How exactly? Ash is a part of the 'Base' category, a minimal Cygwin
installation. This means that postinstall scripts et al expect a 'Base'
install ie., they expect ash to be installed. Adding a symlink `bash -> sh'
to the bash packages is an option, but c'mon what's ~40K between Cygwin'ers?
:-)

Elfyn