Re: sharing hd partition betw Linux and Cygwin

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 09:54:16AM -0700, Shankar Unni wrote:
> Soren Andersen wrote:
> >Now sharing the drive space between the cvs tool (and cpan, too!) works,
> >I think (haven't actually tried cvs yet but had to work on cpan a few
> >minutes ago, and discovered it was suffering from the same difficulty).

> I'd be amazed if this all works seamlessly. Nevertheless, remember that
> CVS on cygwin is only supported with binary-mounted filesystems.  If
> your default cygdrive mount is text (i.e. you installed Cygwin with "DOS
> line endings"), be sure to create a fresh binary mount for your CVS
> repository and use that as your CVSROOT.

Thanks for the tip, Shankar. I've always had all my mounts in binmode by
default so this shouldn't be an issue.

See my OpenPGP key at
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as
 BD26 A5D8 D781 C96B 9936     |  their point of departure the reformation of
 310F 0573 A3D9 4E24 4EA6     |  the inner life -- human revolution -- will
they lead us with certainty to a world of lasting peace and true human security."
                                -- Daisaku Ikeda