This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup problem: only ash comes as /bin/sh
- From: S. L. <s_i_lao at gmx dot net>
- To: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:27:13 +0200 (MEST)
- Subject: Re: setup problem: only ash comes as /bin/sh
- References: <00de01c32b24$f9b806b0$710d86d9@ellixia>
> > scripts, since the only shell I install is bash, and the only /bin/sh
> installed by
> > setup is ash.
> > Could this be fixed somehow?
> How exactly? Ash is a part of the 'Base' category, a minimal Cygwin
> installation. This means that postinstall scripts et al expect a 'Base'
>From a user point of view, I would create a 'Shells' subcategory for 'Base'.
And an intermediate step for setup to manage the /bin/sh issue (when the
user chooses more than one shell).
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++
Bitte lächeln! Fotogalerie online mit GMX ohne eigene Homepage!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html