Re: Today's revision of pcre : possible cause of damage?

fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net wrote:
> Sometime in the last couple of hours I ran setup.exe and upgraded pcre and
> associated bits and pieces. Maybe I did something wrong but now there are
> real rather than virtual files as follows:
>
>     \usr\bin\cygpcre-0.dll
>     \usr\bin\cygpcreposix-0.dll
>     \usr\bin\pcregrep.exe
>     \usr\bin\pcretest.exe
>
> Also a call to less causes a "missing cygpcre.dll" error message.
>
> There may be other problems induced by this revision OR I really have
> suffered a moderately damaging slipped finger whilst running it. Can
anybody
> confirm or otherwise? Thank you.

Problem already noted, and the setup.hint files have been fixed. See
cygwin-apps archive for details.

It will take a little while for the next upset run to pick up the changes,
and then for the new setup.ini to propagate to the mirrors.

For a temporary workaround, revert the pcre package to the previous 4.1
version.

Max.