This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
question re cygpcre.dll error message
- From: Bruce Elmegreen <bge at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: bge at bge2 dot watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:34:07 -0400
- Subject: question re cygpcre.dll error message
I downloaded setup.exe for cygwin from http://cygwin.com
then ran it and installed from archive.progeny.com
This had no problem.
When I clicked on the desktop icon, I got a box with this error
This application has failed to start because cygpcre.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
So I reinstalled from archive.progeny.com but each time it
said my installation was complete.
I have cygwin running fine on a older comnputer (Windows 2000 --
the new computer is Windows DX) and there is no cygpcre.dll
file there at all, as found by the search command.
How do I solve this problem?
Thanks so much,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html