Vim and the navigating with arrow keys

"True Vim'ers DO NOT navigate with arrow keys". I remember reading that
somewhere. Certainly
the "correct" way to navigate in Vim is with the  H  J  K  and  L  keys.
Understood, acknowledged,
yaddy yadda yaaa. That said - I "like" to use the arrow keys. It's habitual
and something I've been
doing for years and years. And like most folks, I "resist" change.
Therefore, I'm a little "disturbed"
that the latest Vim appears to have completely disabled the arrow keys for
navigation, or even for
mapping. Is this a "planned" and permanent new condition?? The previous
version  6.1-300 still has
arrow keys enabled, but 6.2-1 does not - or so it appears. Now I do note,
the navigating appears
much more precise and improved with 6.2-1, no more having to do CTRL-L's to
refresh the screen
after navigating small text files. (Which was a bother). I don't use RXVT,
but bash in a cmd shell. I'm
a minimalist at heart and try to use native and ubiquitous utilities to the
greatest extent possible -
which is why I long ago chose Vi as my primary editor. Because it's
"everywhere", especially in
UNIX, I'm never without "my" editor. Anyhow, I'd just to like to know if
anyone else has noticed this,
cares, or knows something about it. I can of course live without arrows,
but I'd rather not if I don't
have to.

"WellChoice, Inc." made the following
 annotations on 06/10/2003 09:29:24 AM
Attention!  This electronic message contains information that may be legally
confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended solely for the
individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
delete it. Release/Disclosure Statement