login to cygwin on win2K and see network drives

Hi
I have Cygwin version 1.3.22, running on Win2K SP3.
I want to set it up so I can have inetd running and use telnet to log in.
I have set up my password and groups files so the user information is loaded from the domain controller (using mkpasswd, mkgroup).
I can install the inetd service (inetd -install-as-service), and start it.
I can log in OK using my user name and password, BUT any existing shares mounted onto drive letters are not available.
This used to work OK under NT4, and now does not seem to work under Win2K (though I upgraded my version of cygwin between these also.) I cannot go back to NT4, as my NT4 machines has been replaced.
Can you help?