Signal 127 when doing make

Hi all,

I get the following error while doing a make on cygwin...

Signal 127
gmake: *** [platreg.s] Error 255

I've attached the output of cygcheck -s -c -r -v if anyone
needs it.

Suggestions on what the nature of this problem is, would be
very welcome. I've looked at the output of make debug information
and strace dumps of make but i can't get a hang of where the
trouble is.

PS: Please cc: me on this email  since i'm not part of the list.

thanks
Manik