This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Re: CygWin adding CRs, hurting CVS client/server communications?
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: toscani at wideopenwest dot com
- Cc: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>, cygwin at cygwin dot com, Van Rooyen G-J <gvrooyen at sun dot ac dot za>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:57:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: CygWin adding CRs, hurting CVS client/server communications?
- References: <3EFDF2A4.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Well, I take that back...someone pointed me to
http://www.gigascale.org/softdevel/faq/23.html, which contains
instructions for reinstalling CygWin with text mode set to DOS, which
actually fixes the problem (the remount procedure didn't work, as is
warned in the article). All I did was run the setup utility, selected
DOS text mode, and selected the base/cygwin and devel/cvs packages for
reinstallation...works like a charm now. The contents of this article
might be good fodder for the FAQs. Cheers!
I'd suggest this is the wrong direction to head in this case for at
least a few of reasons:
1. This hasn't really risen to the level of a FAQ.
2. The problem is ill-defined at least and isn't shared by the vast
3. It's not at all clear that the problem isn't fixable if it were
Perhaps someone seeing this problem could spend a little more time with
it and see if a solution can be found that makes any documentation of
it unnecessary. That would be a real big help.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html