Re: example needed pls: `cygpath -c <HANDLE>'

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 10:45:26PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Umm, guys, aren't we getting carried away here?  I mean, perl is a great
> tool, but wouldn't something simpler, like

> c:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "echo -n `/bin/cygpath -u '%1'` > /dev/clipboard"

> suffice?

If that command string could somehow be made to be the action that takes
place when the user "right/context/alternate-clicks" on a filename in
Win Explorer, then yes, it would address the need. Do you know how?

The mere use of the shell redirection to the POSIX (NOT Win32!!) file
"/dev/clipboard" makes it seem highly unlikely that you were aware of
the original statements / descriptions I made; I cannot see how these
would apply outside the Cygwin BASH shell (textmode terminal)
environment.

Regards,
  Soren A.

--
See my OpenPGP key at http://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as