mysqlc

There are a couple of different issues here:

	1. connecting mysqlc client under cygwin bash shell
	2. setting up the perl DBD::mysql

I'm running mysql server (win32) and I think mysqlc client should be able to
connect running under cygwin. It runs under cmd.exe; under cygwin it just
hangs. If I don't specify user (under bash) it complains as it should ...

   ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'Bill@127.0.0.1' (Using password: NO)

Now since mysql is totally socket based, I shouldn't have to run mysql under
cygwin (not to mention jump through recompiling hoops to get there.) Running
the Winbloz server should be the path of least resistance ... right?

I'm trying to set up a web development env with cygwin
(apache,php,perl,mysql). Shouldn't be an issue but I'm also running
postgresql for something else. So I'm concerned that if I can't get a simple
command line client to connect and work with mysql, perl and php will have
problems as well under cygwin. Got Apache working, mysql server running
under windows, trying to get the perl DBD set up at the moment ...

  perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::mysql'

results in ...

Removing previously used /home/Bill/.cpan/build/DBD-mysql-2.9002

  CPAN.pm: Going to build R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9002.tar.gz

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line
174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.
Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use

  perl Makefile.PL --cflags=-I<dir>

to set this directory. For details see the INSTALL.html file,
section "C Compiler flags" or type

  perl Makefile.PL --help
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

Under linux I'd do this as root, but since user Bill as administrator
privileges this shouldn't be the issue.

Thanks,

Bill

---