This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: proftpd hang (1.2.9rc1-2 on 1.3.22)
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:12:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: proftpd hang (1.2.9rc1-2 on 1.3.22)
- References: <3EEDAEC30000F49D@mssazhb-int.msg.bluewin.ch>
On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 10:30:38PM +0200, Grossniklaus Bruno wrote:
> But when I try to get some bytes (eg with a ls -l) I get a hang after
> the last bytes. Well not exactly a hang but i have to wait for ~6 min
> after a simple ls to get my prompt back. The same applies when I do a
> get "file".
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this problem under NT 4.0 SP 5 or 2000
> What can I do to solve this issue?
You will need to debug this further by doing the following:
1. start an interactive session under the LocalSystem account via
sshd or using the "at" trick.
2. under LocalSystem, run strace or gdb on proftpd to see where it's
> $ net start
> These Windows NT services are started:
> CYGWIN inetd
BTW, did you remember to comment out the ftp line in /etc/inetd.conf?
PGP/GPG Key: http://www.tishler.net/jason/pubkey.asc or key servers
Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html