Re: new Info on File Permission Problems on Windows XP, cygwin 1.3.22

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 12:33:44PM -0400, Larry Hall wrote:
>OK, I'll take your word for it.  I had a quick look at the User's Guide
>for the sections discussing 'ntsec' and didn't see anything obviously
>referring to a 'patch', with the possible exception of the discussion of
>'setuid'.  But that doesn't mean that the document doesn't use this
>terminology in reference to the 'ntsec' functionality.  My main reason
>for asking was that 'patch' indicates to me something that is at least
>a recent change, which 'ntsec' is not.  I wanted to make sure I understood
>that you were talking about this long-standing functionality and not
>something new/different.

I found the "ntsec patch" stuff and reworded it.  I hope that when Joshua
returns he will regenerate the user's guide and that terminology will
be fixed.

Please use the resources at rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at