RE: mysqlc (was RE: php-mysql-cygwin how to)

Elfyn,

I compiled the 4.0.13 and I don't seem to have a mysqlc executable. What I
don't understand is why the mysqlc client that comes with the mysql win32
(which uses the cygwin dll) doesn't run in a cygwin bash shell. Even if it
did, it still doesn't get us to the point where we can use Perl and PHP
under Cygwin, right?

Also, why bother getting a server to run under Cygwin? It runs under Windows
just fine. Getting it to run under Cygwin under Windows seems like a lot of
busy work to little end. The only important thing is that the client works
so we can use the Perl DBI, PHP and other various client interfaces. Or am I
missing something?

Bill

---