	extern "C" {
		void * init();
	}

where it is define as follow

	void * init() {
		return (new TObject());
  	}

	it's doing a segment fault,
	does the new pointer is automatically deleted?

	I was thinking not to use the dlclose in the main program,
	but it doesn't work either.

Any idea how to return a pointer from a DLL to a main program?

Is this issue Cygwin specific?  If so, please provide details of the
problem if you'd like someone here to be able to help solve it.
Otherwise, you might want to make a similar inquiry to a Windows C++
development forum.  I'd suggest including sample code that reproduces
the problem too.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746