This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to make cygwin run under shells other than bash
- From: luke dot kendall at cisra dot canon dot com dot au
- To: Damien Suttle <Damien_Suttle at brown dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:46:01 +1000 (EST)
- Subject: Re: how to make cygwin run under shells other than bash
On 24 Jul, Damien Suttle wrote:
> Hi,> my favorite shell is tcsh, but cygwin always starts up in bash.
> I tried playing with the cygwin.bat file, but i couldn't get it
> to work. does anyone know how to reconfigure cygwin to start up
> in other shells?
$ mkshortcut -D -A -n "tcshw" -a '-l' /usr/bin/tcsh.exe
Or just right click on the cywgin icon's properties and change the shell
it runs, if you want to hack. Or change the shell for your account, in
/etc/passwd I think.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html