Developing with cygwin: library troubles

Hi

I want to develop a windows program that reads the GUID from a MSI package
with C. It was no problem to create an exe-file with gcc that runs on
non-cygwin platforms (with -mno-cygwin). My problem is the following:
I need several functions from the Msi.lib (included in Windows Installer
SDK). I've created a libMsi.a with dlltool and moved it to /lib/w32api/ and
linked my .o with -lmsi. Compiling and linking worked fine, but if i try to
run the exe, it want to load a Msi.lib as a Dynamic  Link Library.
I've tried to create a DLL from the Msi.lib but then an error appears that
the Function MsiOpenPackageA@8 could not be found.

I don't see the problem, perhaps it is the convert process from the Msi.lib
to the libmsi.a? Or is it impossible to use some function from a .lib-file?

Please help me, i'm desperate! :-)

Thanks

Mischa