Re: [solved] postgresql, cygwin newbie, issues

Thanks much.  It's now working.

For those who may be going through the same thing, here's a quick list of
steps:

1. Install Cygwin, making sure to include Postgresql package
2. Download the binary cygipc files from
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html
3. Untar cygipc tarball from / directory.
4. $ ipc-daemon&
5. $ mkdir /whatever/path/pgsql
6. $ initdb -D /whatever/path/pgsql
7. $ pg_ctl -D /whatever/path/pgsql -o "-i" start
8. $ createdb testdb
etc.

Thanks again.
Michael