RE: cygwin to backup Windows data

> > I'm beginning to think a non-Cygwin solution may be their
> better fit and
> > may be the one they are leaning towards.
>
> rsync compiles fine without cygwin.
>    http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/nt.html

Just thought i should correct this.

from that link

"1. You will need two files, rsync.exe and cygwin1.dll."

ie you need cygwin.

 PS
1) that post was circa 1999.
2)i dont think those binaries are even available anymore anyway.

If they arent happy with generic cygwin tools, they should either use
windows pitiful (but usable just) native utils or maybe have a look at the
amanda (backup program) client that apparently builds under cygwin.

Vince