RE: Less fails with link error

> ----------

Is there any other way to get from some version selection back to "Skip" ?
If it is dangerous, then it should be disabled or accompanied with a
warning.

> do it if you know what you're doing. The version Setup proposes is the one
> you
> should normally use, because it's the one the maintainer wants you to use.
> The
> maintainer is usually right about what you should use..
There was no note saying that the maintainer prefers one version over
another.
They all were offered to choose from.

> > > You used Setup to install, didn't you?
> > yes.
> > > Use cygcheck to get the version of less, then :)
> > I llearned something new.
> > rpm would catch the incompatibility though :-)
> versioned dependencies in Setup are a work-in-progress *and* require the
> maintainers to put them in the setup.hint files. Neither is magic.
>
> IIRC, rpm doesn't use any wizzardry either: versioned dependencies are the
> maintainer's job.
>
> As for the state of progress on versioned dependencies in Setup (before
> you
> ask) IIRC it needs testing more than anything else - but one of the Setup
> people will surely correct me if I'm wrong..

Well I guess I just tested it :-)