help for a newbie C Programmer

Hi,

I am trying to port some socket code from AIX onto unix.

When I try to link the code I get ' ld: cannot find -lsocket'

The line being executed is :

ld -dy -G -o libbridge.so bridge.o nwutil.o
jagsocket.o -Bstatic -lc -lsocket -lnsl

I have searched for socket.a and nsl.a in the cygwin directory but they
aren't there.
The makefile works on AIX and I was hoping it would be a straight forward
compilation on windows 2k.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction !

Thanks
Jag