This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why do I get "make: command not found" (FAQ alert?)
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Richard Elsberry <richard at elsberry dot net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:10:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: Why do I get "make: command not found" (FAQ alert?)
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Richard Elsberry wrote:
What am I missing? When I try to run $make I get the message "bash:
make: command not found." I've tried searching all of the archives. The
version is 1.3.22-1.
You're missing the "make" package. In the future, if you'd like to find
out which package contains a particular command, use the package search
page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/> and search for, in this example,
P.S. I had a nagging feeling this was somewhere in the FAQ, but couldn't
find it. If it's not there already, could this be added?
Looks like I goofed on my reply and sent it only to Richard.
The FAQ entry for this is:
What packages should I download?
But I wouldn't mind if it were augmented to something like the following:
What packages should I download or how do I find out which package xxx
utility is in?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html