Re: Why do I get "make: command not found" (FAQ alert?)

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Richard Elsberry wrote:

What am I missing? When I try to run $make I get the message "bash:
make: command not found." I've tried searching all of the archives. The
version is 1.3.22-1.

You're missing the "make" package.  In the future, if you'd like to find
out which package contains a particular command, use the package search
page at <> and search for, in this example,
"bin/make(.exe| )".
P.S. I had a nagging feeling this was somewhere in the FAQ, but couldn't
find it.  If it's not there already, could this be added?

Looks like I goofed on my reply and sent it only to Richard.

The FAQ entry for this is:

What packages should I download?

But I wouldn't mind if it were augmented to something like the following:

What packages should I download or how do I find out which package xxx
utility is in?

Larry Hall
Holliston, MA 01746

-- Unsubscribe info: Problem reports: Documentation: FAQ: