This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
how to install without internet connection?
- From: Alberto Sáez <ast at gbt dot tfo dot upm dot es>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: waxmop at sarcastic-horse dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 11:03:12 +0200
- Subject: how to install without internet connection?
- Reply-to: ast at gbt dot tfo dot upm dot es
Yes. You can download the site, and use the local dir to install
1) Choose a mirror from the mirror list at wwww.cygwin.com
2) download the entire file tree. Use wget or other similar tool
3) select install from local directory
The proxy server at work is really fussy and no matter what I try, I
can't get the setup.exe that I pulled of the cygwin website to
Is there a way to install without having the installer be able to
connect to the internet? For example, can I download all the packages I
need, then fire up the installer, and then point it at that directory?
How do I do that?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html