This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to install without internet connection?
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "waxmop at sarcastic-horse dot com" <waxmop at sarcastic-horse dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: how to install without internet connection?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, email@example.com wrote:
> Hi -
> The proxy server at work is really fussy and no matter what I try, I
> can't get the setup.exe that I pulled of the cygwin website to
> successfully connect.
> Is there a way to install without having the installer be able to
> connect to the internet? For example, can I download all the packages I
> need, then fire up the installer, and then point it at that directory?
> How do I do that?
> Thanks in advance.
FYI, setup is able to use IE5's proxy settings. Does it work that mode?
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html