Re: Cygwin 1.5.3 issues

--- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
> >   This week I upgraded to Cygwin 1.5.3 from 1.3.18 and when I run
> > cygcheck I'm seeing these things:
> >
> > <it seems everything under apache is reported as missing>
> > (I do have apache2 installed under /usr/local/apache2.  Maybe that
> is
> > cause of problem???)
>
> Missing in what sense?

In the sense that cygcheck -c is reporting a huge list of missing files
under

Missing file: /etc/apache.new/...
Missing file: /var/www.new/...

These directories do not exist on my system.

If you moved the files after installing them
> via
> Cygwin setup and now they are reported as "missing" by "cygcheck -c",
> then
> this is expected behavior (also see below).

Files were not moved after Cygwin setup.  I also selected to install
Apache2.

<snip/>