Re: setup.hint / ldesc

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 01:40:47PM -0400, Sam Steingold wrote:
>> * In message <NGBBLLIAMFLGJEOAJCCEOELGDDAA.garbage_collector@telia.com>
>> * On the subject of "RE: setup.hint / ldesc"
>> * Sent on Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:25:09 +0200
>> * Honorable "Hannu E K Nevalainen \(garbage mail\) writes:
>>
>> > From: cygwin-owner On Behalf
>> > Of Sam Steingold

>> > why should I maintain two identical texts in two separate files?
>>
>> $ ln --help
>
>vow! who could have thought about it?!
>could you please enlighten me how can ln help me with two files one of
>which contains the other and almost nothing else??

How about if, instead, we stop talking about this?  Your requirements
for keeping setup.hint information in another file are really not very
interesting.  Just for some repeated clarification: the setup.hint files
live on sources.redhat.com along with the package tar.bz2 files.  We're
not going to make an exception and allow you to upload a separate
included file for your proposed release.  If you want to use setup.hint
files for something other than the cygwin release, then you can invent
your own syntax and do whatever you like with setup.exe (assuming that
you're using it), this being free software and all.

And, as long as things are being repeated, this:

is a perfectly workable plan.  I don't know why you haven't responded
to this suggestion or to this:

where you are being asked to stop quoting email addresses in your text.

But, please, there's no need for clarification on why you continue
to respond to those suggestions which you think won't work but are
silent on the suggestion that really should do what you want.  Lets
just stop this now.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org